Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm friggin' fantastic. How are you?

Over the last several days, my part-time nanny gave notice due to a scheduling change by her university, my child came down with some mysterious red bumps that we originally thought might be chicken pox but now think must be due to some bloodthirsty bugs in the house that we can't find and only bite babies, my windshield cracked and is going to cost an arm and a leg to repair, and I became involved in a turf war with a Passat in my office parking garage over what appears to be the favorite parking space of us both (I won yesterday, but he/she beat me today because I turned off my alarm this morning, instead of hitting the snooze button, and I didn't wake up until Steve's alarm went off. An hour later. Needless to say, I was running a tad behind this morning. Damn Passat.).

Brigid appears to be unmoved by mommy's crappy string of luck, though...





Compassion does not appear to be one of her strengths.


Update: The other nanny candidate I had to turn down to hire the one who is now leaving? Still interested in the job! Awesome. And a relief.

I hated those stupid nanny interviews!



Entirely unrelated to all of this mess...happy birthday to the best mother in the world! I hope I do half as well with Brigid as you did with me (although, I guess maybe I'm jumping the gun assuming I turned out well?  nah, I'm going with it...you did an awesome job with me!). We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!