Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The teenage years are going to be hell...

I think I have successfully started Brigid off on the path of Colts fandom. She was less than thrilled during the Bengals 1st round play-off loss…

But, after thinking about her options (and realizing she looks much better in blue than orange)…


she perked right up this past weekend.





Anyway, because I’m working a condensed schedule, I have Fridays off to spend with Brigid. And since I had this past Monday off for MLK day, she had me for four whole days. She’s a very lucky baby. And I kind of enjoyed it too…

She has changed so much just since I started back to work, and I think the changes are almost more obvious to me now that I don’t spend every day with her. She still hates spending too long in tummy time, but she’s getting better at rolling herself out of it when she wants to. She’s also starting to roll from her back to her front, and we’ve been finding her on her side when she’s sleeping (this terrifies me, by the way…I am not really ready for mobile baby of any kind. I liked knowing I would find her in the same position I left her!!). Because she’s been rolling herself out of her swaddling at night, we’ve had to end that little practice, and it’s led to some rough nights involving multiple trips to the nursery to help her fall back asleep after she’s woken herself up by flailing around. But it’s hard to be upset about the missed sleep when she’s just so happy to be awake with you. She loves to smile, and she’s started to mimic my facial expressions when we’re playing. She seems thisclose to giggling. She’s getting Michelin Man rolls on her thighs, and it might just be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen (on me, however, not as cute…). She loves music, and she loves lights, and she especially loves any toy that combines the two. She sits in her Bumbo seat and grabs at anything we lay on the tray for her. She seems to turn toward the sound of my voice when I get home. She’s just so much more aware of her surroundings than she was only two weeks ago. It’s incredible to watch her growth, to see her developing into a little person right in front of me.

But the biggest change? The one that has shocked me the most?

She already has a man in her life.




They grow up so fast…

1 comment:

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!