Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh, the co-pays we'll pay...

Our monthly trip to the pulmonologist for Brigid’s RSV shot was this morning. My little hoss weighed 12lb 4oz when we went in on December 30th. Today? She’s up to 13lbs 12oz. Since she’s supposed to double in weight during her first 6 months, our target is 15lbs 7oz by April. It’s just a hunch, but I’m thinking we’re probably not going to have any trouble hitting that mark. Also, she’s grown from 22 ¾ inches long to 24 ¾ inches long. According to infantchart.com, which I found through Dr. Google, this puts her in the 64th percentile in weight and 78th percentile in height. That sounds about right, considering that’s where we’ve been trending all along. And besides, I’ve heard that if you find it on the internet, it has to be right, so I’m going with it.

Anyway, that’s where we are after round one of this cycle of office visits. The murmur is still there, which kind of sucks…I keep hoping we’re going to hit one of these visits some day, and they’re going to tell us it’s completely gone. But her lungs sound clear, her weight gain is going strong, and her breathing is fine. Aside from the hole, she’s a perfectly healthy baby. After we’re done with the RSV shots (I think we have two more), the pulmonologist will evaluate her to determine if they need to keep seeing her regularly. I’m pulling for a big NO on that one. I’d like to drop at least one doctor from our standard rotation.

Round two is next Thursday morning, when we make the trek back to the cardiologist for (maybe) another ultrasound. Considering the two offices are in the same location, you’d think we could have timed these visits a little better, but apparently we are a glutton for rush hour punishment.

8:30am on 285? Should be a fun trip.


PS: If you're interested in receiving email notifications for new posts, I've added that option to the sidebar. Hope it makes things easier!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!