Wednesday, January 23, 2013

*whispers*

Don't look directly at it, don't talk about it out loud, just pretend it never happened.

*Caitlin slept for 9 1/2 hours last night. And now I know she can do it, and now I'm afraid she'll never do it again.*

Seriously. Last night, I went to bed at 10:00, and I didn't wake up again until Brigid came to get in bed with us around 6:15 this morning. That's over eight hours of sleep. I don't think I've had eight straight hours of sleep since about my second month of pregnancy.

And then? After getting Brigid settled in bed with us and checking on Caitlin to make sure she was fine (because who DOESN'T frantically check on her baby when said baby goes from getting up every two to three hours the night before to sleeping four times that long without waking?), I WENT BACK TO SLEEP FOR ANOTHER HOUR!!!

So, you know, if you need me, I'll be over here running a marathon while carrying a car on my back. Because you can totally do that on a full night of sleep...

2 comments:

  1. You are a lucky woman. I have a good sleeping baby but I've not had a full night of sleep since ever, I think. It's been so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!!! She slept longer than my boys...I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!