Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Picking and Choosing the Battles

Last night, Brigid told Steve she wanted to sleep in our bed because she didn't get to see him all last weekend, and she wanted to cuddle with him. Guess who won that round of emotional manipulation?

This kid:
Caitlin will only go to sleep if you rock her or walk her or just generally hold her until she falls asleep on her own schedule, but the ONLY TIME she will let you snuggle her is when she's tired enough to be rocked to sleep. Guess who will get exactly what she wants until the day she decides I can't even snuggle her when she's sleepy anymore?

This kid:
I'm not even mad at the fact that I am not the boss in my own house at this early stage in parenting, I'm just impressed. Way to own the room, ladies. That will come in handy someday, I'm sure...

1 comment:

  1. They all own us. I've tried and tried, but Ry owns me, and I know it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!