Monday, January 12, 2015

I Refuse to Lose Twice

Since almost the day she was born, Steve has been dressing Brigid in the orange and black of the Bengals every Sunday of the NFL season. I didn't fight it, because I didn't think I needed to fight it. I thought, as Brigid got older, she'd realize that the Colts were the far superior team, and she'd do the fighting for me. 

As it turns out, I was wrong, and Steve's propaganda campaign has been strong and successful. As Brigid told me on Sunday, when she refused to put her Colts shirt on until gametime, even though if the Bengals had been good enough to still be playing in the postseason, we all knew she'd have had that shirt on all day, "I do like the Colts, Mommy, unless they're cheating against the Bengals. I just don't want to wear that shirt."

I will not make the same mistake twice.


(Ordinarily, I would be fundamentally opposed to the pinkifying of sports shirts for girls, but LOOKIT HER!!!! She is adorable, and I'll make an exception this one time.)

1 comment:

  1. You definitely need to get past the brainwashing this time. And lookit the baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!