Monday, August 22, 2011

Heart of the Matter

We headed back to the cardiologist today, to check on the state of Brigid's heart condition...

...and so far, so good!

While the hole is still there (which we knew, since you can hear the murmur clear as anything, just by sticking your ear to the poor kid's chest), it isn't causing any problems with her heart valves, and there doesn't appear to be any chamber enlargement.

And she's just a really great sleeper, not a heart-issue-induced napper, which was almost the only thing that had us worried. And we don't have to go back for two years.

I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am today...

4 comments:

  1. Awww I'm so happy you don't have to worry for a while. I'll be praying for B that the hole closes up soon, so you can forget about worrying for a while. Well, about that anyways. There's plenty of other things to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary! I'm glad everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! But phew! I'm so glad you got good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOOOORAY! Great news, girl! I'm so glad B's alright!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!