Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Remember me?

Brigid the big sister has been having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the changes around the house since we brought baby Caitlin home. We've done our best to try to make this whole thing special for her, to remind her that she is still our favorite girl, and for the most part, I think she's handling it as well as could be expected.

Knowing I'd be home for most of December this year, I figured it would be the perfect year to introduce an Advent activity calendar into our list of Christmas traditions, just so Brigid would have a special 'big girl' activity to do each day. I tried to keep it simple, knowing that I'd also be trying to work the activities around the schedule and sleep-deprivation fog that comes with a newborn, so some of the activities are such exciting events as get a new set of Christmas stickers, but some of them required a little more effort.

Exhibit A: The candy cane hunt...
Do you know who isn't super observant? That would be my favorite little three-year old, who could literally stare directly at a candy cane hanging from a bush and still not have ANY idea that it was there.

We've also found two new Christmas books, opened an early Christmas present, made a few super easy Christmas treats involving ALL of the white chocolate in the world and those candy canes we found on the hunt. And we've walked the neighborhood to look at lights, as well as driven through the light display at a local university. And since Brigid was actually awake for those lights this year, I'd say we're a step ahead of where we were last year.

Seriously...Christmas with a three-year old? It's kind of the BEST THING EVER!!!

I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

  1. To reiterate my comment from yesterday...can I have her? PLEASE? She's so adorable. I just want to hug her and hug her and hug her.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!