Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to Work

In news that will surprise absolutely no one who has ever parented a child, Brigid chose the weekend Steve was out of town to get sick again. And that would have been bad enough, but the weekend Steve was out of town ALSO happened to be the weekend before I started back to work following the end of my maternity leave, when a little bit of sleep would have been helpful, since they expect me to be intelligent and coherent and, at the very least, AWAKE when I'm in the office. But no...

No sleep for anyone this weekend.

Except for Caitlin, that is. Caitlin actually slept pretty well.

Go figure.
Anyway, Brigid woke up this morning, still congested and coughing, and I told my mother-in-law she could keep the poor thing home from school today, so we wouldn't be THOSE parents that the rest of the class hates for sending a sick kid in, even though the rest of the parents are obviously THOSE parents, because Brigid has basically been sick since October. (I don't blame the parents, honestly. It's hard to tell with these kids whether they're truly disease-ridden or not. But that doesn't make me any happier about the nonstop germs floating around my house...) So, really, I should be HAPPY that I had to go back to work today, because 48 straight hours of just me and the baby and one very, VERY whiny toddler was starting to wear on my sanity.

And who knows what would have happened by hour 72, right?

RIGHT?!?!?

So, work...it's a good thing.

......
.....

Nope. Still miss the heck out of their sweet faces.

You'll have to try harder than that, kiddo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!