Thursday, December 12, 2013

First Day of School! First Day of School!

One of the best things about finally getting the housing situation settled is that Brigid is, once again, officially enrolled in school. The preschool that we'd chosen, the one where I'd felt so lucky to land the last available spot in the three-day-a-week class for her, the one that I was so afraid we were going to lose when closing fell through, agreed to hold our spot in December while we tried to get everything worked out. It may have taken us a week longer than we'd originally anticipated, but on Monday, we dropped her off in her new classroom for the first time.

There were tears on the drive in, mostly because I think Brigid was nervous about meeting new teachers and classmates, but once the teachers got her settled into a seat, and she realized she had access to an entirely new set of toys, she calmed down quickly. She even found time to sass Steve when he asked if she needed him to show her how to put together some kind of connecting/building toy on the table in front of her...'No, daddy. We had these at my OLD school.'

Duh.

By the time I picked her up at the end of the day, she couldn't wait for Steve's mom to drop her off again on Wednesday morning. 'I can't wait to show Grandma my classroom. She's going to LOVE it!'

And in true 'my children are trying to drive me crazy' fashion, Caitlin took a longer nap than she had at any point the previous weekend, when I needed her to sleep so I could work on unpacking, which meant I had to wake her up when it came time to pick Brigid up from school.

Because of course she did...

Turd.

(She's lucky she sleeps with her butt up in the air like that, because I find it adorable, and it's the only reason I'm keeping her around this week.)

1 comment:

  1. I swear they know the schedule and take naps at the most inconvenient times on purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!