Monday, December 23, 2013

Twelve Month Check-up: Caitlin Edition

I finally took Caitlin in for her one-year check-up, only about three weeks after she officially hit that one-year mark. Considering I had to find a new pediatrician in order to take her in at all, and I am TERRIBLE at committing myself to finding a new anything in the professional services area of life, I'm pretty impressed with how on top of this I was. Nothing like a little vaccination schedule driven motivation to put the pressure on me to suck it up and be an adult, I guess.

 Twelve months stats, Caitlin:
Length: 31.25 inches (95th percentile)
(Nine months - 28.5/78th)
(Six months - 26/67th)
(Four months - 24.75/69th)
Weight: 20lbs 15.4oz (42nd percentile)
(Nine months - 19lbs 3oz/54th)
(Six months - 16lbs 6oz/59th)
(Four months - 13lbs 4oz/56th)

Twelve months stats, Brigid:
Length: 30.5 inches (90th percentile)
(Nine months - 27.5/50th)
(Six months - 26.25/75th)
(Four months - 25/80th)
Weight: 22lbs 14oz (70th percentile)
(Nine months - 20lbs 14oz/80th)
(Six months - 17lbs 9oz/85th)
(Four months - 14lbs 10oz/75th)

Steve thinks we need to take Caitlin back in to ask the doctor if the poor kid has a tapeworm because there is absolutely no way that anyone who eats as much as she does on a daily basis should be anything under the 95th percentile in weight. Brigid is just mad at me because I took Caitlin in to get shots without her being there, and 'I promised baby Caitlin I'd sing to her when she got a shot so she wouldn't cry!'

She tried to make it up to her little sister by singing to her when I took the bandaids off of Caitlin's legs that night, but she got a little squeamish when I went to pull them off, and went running into the other room, because 'I just can't watch that, mommy.'

I'm not sure HOW she thought she was going to make it through the shots, honestly...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, she wanted to sing during the shots! This is so much sweeter than Elizabeth telling Ryan "you're going to get a shot! And it's going to hurt a lot!"

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!