Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This weekend...

My baby sister graduated high school.

Brigid behaved during the ATL to IND plane ride, the actual graduation ceremony, the graduation open house, and the return plane trip.

(Minus that bathroom trip when landed in Atlanta, where Brigid wanted to sit on the bathroom floor while I was trying to pull her shorts up, and I am so mean because I wouldn't let her do that, so she tried to bite me. Other than that...)

I got to spend some quality time with my immediate family.

I was able to see the extended family I missed when I was home last Christmas, because Brigid was vomiting all over my aunt and uncle's house, and that I will miss again this Christmas, since I won't be doing much traveling, come November/December.

My favorite high school teacher stopped by my sister's open house to chat for a few minutes, and it was so very, very good to see her again.

(This would be the poor lady who had me, my middle sister, and my youngest sister all for English at some point or another, before finally retiring this year. I'm still not entirely sure if she just couldn't handle one more of us ladies, or if she was just waiting to complete the set before she moved on...I'd like to think it was the latter, but my sister is a huge pain in the butt, so I don't know for sure...)

Steve was able to make the 2 1/2 hour trek away from my parents' house, to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a ridiculous amount of beer (albeit really, really good beer) from a highly rated micro-brewery in northern Indiana.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend, for all of us.

And now, to forget that I won't be able to get back up there for another year or so...

Sad.



Congratulations, Aunt Mary!! We are so very, very proud of you! Good luck in college next year, and don't do anything I wouldn't do ;)

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth tried to bite me while I was reading this.

    They will all just have to come visit you instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo it Brigid for being a good traveler!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!