Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 28 Update

I don't remember having too many problems when I was pregnant with Brigid, and when she came out, she was just as laid-back and easy (or as laid-back and easy as a baby can be) out in the world as she was when I was carrying her.

Which is what has me terrified of the kid I'm carrying this time around. There is more movement, which I am, in my infinite pregnancy logic, taking to mean that this second child will not sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. And I don't know if it's the fact that I know what kind of awesomeness waiting for me now, when I didn't before, but this pregnancy seems to be twice as long as the first one. And since I already HAVE Brigid at home, there is much less time for sitting on the couch and relaxing, and between that and the increased responsibilities at work now, I. AM. TIRED.

And then.

THEN this kid decided to give me indigestion so terrible last night, I really thought I was going to be sick. Which meant that even when I should have and could have been sleeping, I was not actually doing anything of the sort.
I mean, I know that we're not supposed to play favorites with our kids, or anything, so I'm not...
 
(But Brigid is totally winning right now...)

1 comment:

  1. No, it's 23 minute sleep cycles. If I was lucky, Elizabeth would do 44 minutes at a time.

    But is the movement violent? Elizabeth's movement was violent. It was like she encountered my ribs, was insulted, and therefore tried to kick them off. This one is more like "ahem, excuse me, I didn't know those ribs were there. Pardon me, I'll be more careful."

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!