Wednesday, July 24, 2013

And this is why she's still around...

Caitlin is a sweet baby, truly, but she's also kind of a pain in the butt when it comes to sleeping. She doesn't like to sleep on her stomach, but she also can't seem to keep herself from rolling onto that stomach several times a night, which leads to me getting out of bed several times a night to walk down the hallway, find the pacifier that she has managed to fling under her crib AGAIN, roll her back onto her back, and stumble back to bed again, all without opening my eyes wide enough to wake myself up in a way that will lead to me tossing and turning for the next 45 minutes as I try to get back to sleep.

Oh, except for that 2am wake-up last night, when I also had to change the bomb of a diaper that wasn't about to hold anything else she tried to put into it. That one forced me to open my eyes...

Oh, but when she does sleep?
Well, then you just want to pick her up and snuggle her until she wakes up, because COME ON. How do you fight the pull of those cheeks?

And thus concludes today's lesson on why parents are crazy and parenting makes no sense.

1 comment:

  1. They somehow manage to just barely not be left out in the woods to fend for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!