Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What do they remember?

The last time Steve and I took Brigid to the zoo, the first place her and Steve went was the petting zoo area, and being the mom that I am, I immediately wiped the poor child down from head to toe with a sanitary wipe. And Brigid proceeded to carry that wipe with her the rest of the time we were at the zoo, occasionally wiping her own hands as we went along.

That was a month and a half ago.

When we went back this past weekend, the moment we walked into the gate, Brigid dug into her diaper bag, pulled out that container of wipes, and refused to put it back until I gave her one of the wipes. And she did not put that wipe down until we left the zoo at the end of the day. She wiped her hands, my hands, Steve's hands, and my mom's, my dad's, and my sister's hands. She was crazy with that wipe.

And after the zoo, we went out to eat, at which point Brigid wanted a new wipe, which she used to wipe off the table in front of her. It was like a mini version of my mom running around.

(or a mini version of me running around...although I'd never admit it...)

Oh, that kid...she picks up on everything. I'm going to have to start watching myself around her from now on!



Don't forget to check out today's post at Style Lush, where I talk about my issues with plants, and how I'm slowly overcoming them with the help of ice...

2 comments:

  1. They remember EVERYTHING.
    Everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Wild, huh?

    My 2.5-year-old heard Glee's version of Raise Your Glass ONCE, and was singing along with the chorus the next time she heard it.

    Crazy little sponges, soaking it all in.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!