Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I will now proceed to disinfect my kid from head to toe...

As a working mom, one of my biggest fears is that I am going to miss out on some big milestone in Brigid's life, and while I was able to be there the first time she stood up, or the first time she walked, or even the first time she spoke (or, at the very least, I was told I was there the first time these things happened, by a very nice mother-in-law who was instructed to LIE THROUGH HER TEETH if any of these things happened on her watch), there are still small things that I don't get to see.

Brigid dancing at storytime? Haven't been there for that, yet.

Brigid feeding the ducks? Nope.

Brigid peeing in a public toilet?

Oh...yeah. Remember that whole potty-training advice thing I asked about yesterday? I think I'm just going to skip all of that and let B teach herself. Because apparently, while eating lunch out today, the little miss was asked if she needed to go potty, she said yes, and then she went.

That seems...too easy, right?

At the very least, I know she gets it, so now it's just up to me to make it a habit, I guess.

And it's nice to see that some milestones are better experienced by someone other than myself...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, potty training milestones are ones that aren't bad to miss if you have to choose.

    Go, B!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!