Thursday, March 1, 2012

She's totally messing with me, isn't she?

Toddler timing strikes again, as Brigid seems to have come down with something that sounds suspiciously like croup only three short days before Steve and I are scheduled to leave the country for a week. So, in addition to trying to get the two of us all ready to go on the trip, and preparing my in-laws for their week with the kid, Steve and I are now debating the merits of taking Brigid to the doctor today versus waiting it out another night to see if anything worsens (Because most likely this is all viral, meaning we're just going to have to tough it out until it runs its course. Or, you know, tough it out until we get the hell out of dodge, and leave someone else to watch it run its course...) while also operating on NO SLEEP!!! because a coughing Brigid is not a sleeping Brigid, which is awesome.

So now, I'm torn between being all, 'Hey, Bug? This? Right here? THIS IS WHY YOU WEREN'T INVITED ON THE TRIP!!!' (because when we were trying to decide whether or not to take her to the wedding with us, all I could see was sick baby in the Dominican Republic, especially after the Christmas-in-Indiana ER disaster, and I just didn't think that was something we wanted to try...), and crying 'I CAN'T LEAVE MY BABY IF SHE'S SICK!!!!' to myself over and over again.

This parenting stuff, man. It's just a nonstop parade of butterflies and rainbows, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, she is probably just faking it to make you feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is viral there is not much to do but give it time...so no need to miss your vacation. The in-laws might not be tto thrilled when you get back from lack of sleep, but you deserve a vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!