Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Four Year Check-Up

Stats: Height of just over 39 inches, weight of just over 41lbs, both of which place her squarely in the 50th-55th percentile. I just love my adorable little average baby girl.

Did you know that the four year check-up is the one where they start putting babies in little miniature hospital gowns?


Sorry, we took a lot of pictures during the appointment because we got bored while waiting for the nurse to come back in to administer the flu shot to Caitlin and three vaccines + flu shot for Brigid. Although...we were only bored up until the point when I started getting Brigid set up for her shots, and we realized that her night-night was not, in fact, in the diaper bag where it had been when we got out of the car. And the nurse went to retrace our steps to see if she could find it. And the doctor called the front desk to see if someone had turned a blue blanket in to them. And I ran out to the car to see if it had fallen out before we went into the office.

And the answer to all of these things was no.

I'm not going to lie, I was INCREDIBLY panicked at the thought that I'd lost Brigid's favorite thing in the whole entire world, but I stopped off at the front desk to double check that it wasn't there on my way back in from the car, and they actually DID have it. It's just...well, it's not exactly blue anymore. And it's an old sleep sack, not a blanket. So they had absolutely no idea what we were talking about when we'd called up to them in the first place.

Anyway, Caitlin screamed through her flu shot, but Brigid sang Rock A Bye Baby to her while it was happening, to comfort her, and it was the absolute sweetest thing in the entire world. Brigid is just such a wonderful big sister, I can't even believe how lucky we are in that regard. Of course, I then repaid her by holding her down while she got four shots of her own, so she might think twice before being that sweet again. But she perked up pretty quickly when I promised her we'd stop to get ice cream on the way home, and the nurse gave her some Sofia stickers, and she got a lollipop on the way out of the office, and by the time we made it to the car, it was like the shots had never even happened.

So maybe she won't hold that against me, after all.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth cried the whole way home after her four year visit, even after a milkshake. If it is brought up even now, tears well up in her eyes and she looks pathetic.

    And oh my goodness the wee hospital gown! Elizabeth didn't get one of those. I am mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...she really is Steve's mini-me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!