Monday, October 28, 2013

The Picking of the Pumpkins

My kids always look at me like I have three heads or something, every time I try to get them to smile for a picture.

We took them to the pumpkin patch last weekend! We bought them pumpkins, and pumpkin loaf, and pumpkin bread, and a sparkly spider! You'd think I'd be able to get at least one, small smile from them, right?

Better. Thank you.

We now have some pumpkins on our front step, and sadly, that's the extent of the Halloween decorations we've managed to get up this year. First we couldn't decorate because the house was on the market, and now we're so busy trying to pack up all of our stuff, we still haven't had time to put any decorations out, and I'm a little bummed about it. We are just so darn good at decorating for Halloween that it's a shame we're moving from the neighborhood (knock on wood that everything goes smoothly. I feel like we need all of the good karma we can get with everything we've dealt with so far in this process...) without leaving so much as a rogue zombie or jumping spider in our wake.

But! I need to focus on the bigger picture, right? This time, next year, we'll (hopefully) be settled into a new house, with Halloween decorations in every crack and corner of the place. And we'll only be a half an hour from places like this:

I just need to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. It will totally be worth it! Sending you good packing and moving vibes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!