Friday, February 12, 2010

4 Month Check-up

Before:




And after:




Poor kid. These doctor visits really wear her out. On the plus side, I might actually get some good naps out of her today. She's a great baby, but she is a terrible napper.

So, as the title of this post suggests, today was Brigid's 4 month check-up at the pediatrician's office. According to our doctor, she is perfect, but we already knew that. She weighed in at 14lbs 10oz (up another 6oz in a week!) and measured at 25 inches long. That puts her in the 75th and 80th percentile in weight and length, respectively. So much for that 'failure to thrive' thing we were so concerned about...she is getting to be one big baby. When the doctor found out Brigid is taking 8-9 oz per bottle, she said it was maybe time to start her on solid foods, in addition to the bottles. So, we're moving on to the rice cereal today, which should be interesting, and probably disgusting. I'm fine with the formula, but mushy food may have to be Steve's area of expertise. It's completely irrational since I deal with baby spit-up all of the time, but baby food makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Ick. Just the thought...

Moving on.

We're now 3 for 3 on the positive doctor visits, and I'm so relieved things seems to be going in the right direction. It's been a tough couple of months, but I finally feel like I can enjoy Brigid without the VSD coloring everything that happens. If she's a little less hungry one day, it just means she's a little less hungry, not that there's a fluid build-up in her lungs. If she's tired, she's just tired, not exhausted from trying too hard to breathe. It's nice. I kind of like this whole 'normal baby' thing.

Now if this stupid Indiana winter would just leave me alone with my Georgia spring, all would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!