Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Steve-O!

On this date in 1980, my husband was born. For those of you who are bad at math, that makes him 30 today. I plan to mock him for this fact relentlessly for the next two weeks, while I am still just a young thing in my 20s. He is so old. Ha, ha! Bet he wishes he was more like his youthful wife. Ha!

Actually, the mocking is not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be, especially since he is not the least bit upset about turning 30, whereas I am stressing the hell out.

*sigh*

Moving on.

All jokes aside, I’d like to wish him a very, very happy birthday. He’s been a wonderful husband, and he’s turning out to be one heck of a father. He takes a lot of crap from me (And let’s be honest, that’s probably not ending anytime soon. It’s not like people get less cranky, the older they get.), and he claims that he still loves me, so I probably made a good choice in getting hitched to this one. I’m horrible when it comes to planning any sort of celebratory event, so he’s not getting a special 30th birthday party, and I’m kind of upset with myself for not making a bigger deal out of this. I mean, he even had to help pick out his gift! I’m not even surprising him with that! I fully acknowledge my failure as a wife right now.*

On the other hand, I did pick out his card by myself. And probably more exciting to him than the card, he has several friends coming to town and a baby-free weekend to look forward to, which I guess counts for something. So, gentlemen, thanks for picking up the slack on this one. I'll try to put in a better showing when 40 rolls around...

Anyway, Steve, remember that you only turn 30 once, so make it a good one. Enjoy this weekend with your friends because you deserve it, and because I'll be around to bail you out of trouble if you need me to. Brigid and I (and Rudy and Gracie and Riley and Peyton) love you!!

Happy birthday, honey.

* To be completely fair, I knew what I wanted to get him, but I needed his help picking out the specific model he wanted, so his input was pretty necessary. Still, I like the element of surprise when it comes to gifts, so it’s kind of a letdown knowing he knows what’s coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!