Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Thoughts

Miscellaneous thoughts for Wednesday…

- Steve will be starting a new job in a couple of weeks, and he seems to really be looking forward to it. I’m just glad he’ll finally be happy with his job again, since it’s kind of my fault he’s been working somewhere he hasn’t enjoyed (but if my options are Atlanta or Minneapolis, I’m choosing Atlanta every time!). Of course, we’ll see how long my excitement lasts, considering he’s going to be working right down the hall from me now. Of all the positions in this company, he ends up on my team (well, on the sales team my finance group supports), on my floor. My boss asked (jokingly) if it was going to affect my productivity having him so close, and I told her that I get enough of him at home, I don’t need to seek him out at work, too. In other words, my productivity should be just fine. And no, we most likely won’t be carpooling to work, although it would save some money on gas and make it a lot safer for me to do my make-up in the car if I’m not the one driving (Totally kidding, of course. I would never do my make-up while driving. There are too many potholes in Atlanta to get the eyeliner on straight…). But no, no carpooling. Our schedules will be too inconsistent to pull it off on a regular basis.

- Since the Olympics start this weekend, Steve has decided we’re having an Opening Ceremonies party on Friday. Apparently, this involves picking a country and dressing/eating/drinking accordingly. I think he’s just upset that we missed Halloween with a 3-week old baby, and now he’s making me pay for it. Any reason to dress up and make a ton of food, and he’s all over it. I’m just not sure what country he has in mind for Brigid…

- Speaking of the baby, I’ve decided she is a bad luck sports baby. Since she’s come along, she’s gotten my college football coach fired, she’s caused the Bengals season to end in one long, painful nosedive, and now she took my Colts down in the Super Bowl. And, honestly, she seemed to enjoy doing it…



Sorry, I know the picture is blurry, but I couldn’t get her to hold her head still long enough to take it. Apparently, she’s a big fan of The Who…

Next year, I’m making her a USC fan. Let’s see if we can put this curse to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!