Saturday, February 20, 2010

She knows things...

I think my dear sweet child, at 4 1/2 months old, understands more than she's letting on. And apparently, that understanding comes with a side of separation anxiety.

How else do you explain the fact that the night before Steve and I are supposed to go out to celebrate my birthday, leaving the darling girl with her grandmother for the evening, she decides to wake up at 4am. And she decides she's not going back to sleep until she gets her first overnight feeding in a month. You might think she'd sleep in a little after this early morning snack, but you'd be wrong. At 8am on the dot, she was up and ready to go.

So, here I am. Tired. Sleepy. Ready to go back to bed at 10am. And amazed at the sneaky manipulations of an infant. She's good.

But I'm on to her now. A couple of trips to Starbucks, and I'll be ready to go. Until at least 10:30.

And the best part of all of this is that she knows she can get away with it. Because this?




This isn't something you stay upset with, lack of sleep and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!