Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And so it begins...

Brigid is walking!!!!!!

Well, sort of. 

I mean, I guess it's walking...

Basically, she's toddling around the house, holding on to either my hand or Steve's (mostly Steve's, because I think she's afraid that I'll actually pick her up and put an end to all of her fun...), before letting go for one or two steps, realizing she's walking unsupported, and then drop to the ground. 

She can stand by herself!  She can walk by herself!  She's just not particularly excited about it.

But on Sunday night, she was able to walk slowly, while holding on to both of my hands.  It was about all she could do to keep herself upright with only one hand for support.*  By the time I came home from work last night, she was practically running all over the house with a toy in one hand, my hand in the other.  Goodness knows what I'm going to come home to tonight.

I just hope I can keep up with her...


*There was one moment on Sunday when Brigid was leaning against Steve, while he was sitting on the ottoman in our family room.  She took a step and a half away from him, then dropped to the ground.  In my excitement, I ran to get the video camera, because damn it, I was going to record her first steps.  I now have 6 1/2 minutes of film showing Steve holding Brigid up to steady her on her feet, then letting go, resulting in Brigid dropping immediately to the ground while Steve and I laugh at her.

Forget college...I should probably start saving for the poor girl's therapy bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!