Friday, October 8, 2010

Twelve Months

Twelve months.







One year.




I honestly can't believe how fast this year has gone.  I can't believe how much you've grown, how many new skills you've picked up along the way.  How many new experiences you've handled like a pro. 

At the same time, I can't believe how much I've grown, or how much your dad and I have changed.  You have become the most special part of our lives in such a short time, and I can't imagine loving anyone else the way I love you.

Someday, you may tell me you're not a baby anymore.  Someday, you may say you hate me.  Someday, you may think that I am the worst thing that could have ever happened to you.  Someday, you may think I am the most terrible mother, ever.

But you will always be my baby.  I will always say I love you.  I will always think you are the greatest thing that could have ever happened to me.  I will always try to be the best mother, ever.





(And there's a good chance you'll always be my favorite.  I do have a soft spot in my heart for the oldest child spot, after all.   Just don't tell any future brothers or sisters, ok?)

I love you, bug.  More than anything.

Happy birthday!

And thank you for the best year of my life...


Maybe we could just go ahead and take this next year a little bit slower, though, ok?  For mommy?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!