Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Halloween Month

I am a Christmas girl.  I love, love, LOVE Christmas.  I start listening to Christmas music on November 1st, and I don't stop until January.  I start decorating my house before Thanksgiving hits.  I've been Christmas shopping since July.

I.  Love.  Christmas.

My husband, on the other hand?  He is a Halloween guy. 

He likes the creepy.  We have a life-size zombie farmer and his wife on our front porch.  We have some sort of glow-in-the-dark, motorized ghost by our front door.  He has been on the look-out for any sort of garbage wrought iron fence that he can get for cheap, to surround the 30-ish tombstones for the cemetery in our front yard.  There is a floating face in one upstairs window and a Mrs. Bates (accompanied by a strobe-light) in the other.  Did I mention Mike Myers in our foyer?

Imagine seeing that from the 2nd floor catwalk at 3am, walking back to your bedroom from the nursery following a middle-of-the-night newborn feeding.  That's what I get for having a kid so close to Halloween, I guess.

Anyway, because Steve has this complete fascination with the macabre, when he got an email saying that the historical Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta was having some sort of fall festival and would be opening up the normally locked mausoleums for public viewing, he was all for it.  And because Sunday was 70 degrees and sunny, and a trip to the cemetery would offer the perfect excuse to procrastinate on laundry, I was all for it.

So we went, and it was a good day.

But I'm still counting down the days until I start the Christmas music.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!