Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Big Boy

So, the family vacation...it was a good one. We headed up to Cincinnati for a few days to see Steve's extended family, some of whom had never met Brigid before, since the last time we were up there was for my baby shower two years ago. And we were able to squeeze in some time with our old friends, too, around all of the family activity, which was even better.

I've missed everyone up there, and I'm not going to lie...if it wasn't for our jobs here in Atlanta, and the fact that my mother-in-law is so awesome at taking care of Brigid while we're working at those jobs, I would possibly consider moving back. All of our friends have kids around the same age as B, and we took a group of them to an awesome splash park in the area, and Brigid seemed to love it, and I'd forgotten how pretty it is in southern Ohio.

And even if I can't move back, I need to figure out how to get more often for visits. Because two years is just too long.

Anyway, one of the best parts about the trip to Cincinnati, at least in the opinion of my husband's family, is the stop at Frisch's Big Boy in London, KY, which just so happens to be the first one you come to on the trip up from Atlanta. Because, apparently, Big Boy is just a northern thing. Not that I care, because it's never been all that important to me, but everyone else seems to love it.

Of course, my experience with the place was tainted by the time when I went with some co-workers, and one of the guys I was with was given a fish sandwich that the restaurant had never gotten around to thawing before they served. But that's just me...

Brigid was fine with it, though.


1 comment:

  1. Yes you need to come more often! It was great seeing you guys and finally meeting Brigid! Tell her Blake says hello and hopefully we can meet up when we come down to hotlanta in October!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!