Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Week

This week, Brigid has been to the doctor twice, once for a fever that was caused by a general virus (and was just something we had to wait out) and once for a rash that simply turned out to be the result of the fever clearing up.

This week, we thought that one of our dogs had pinkeye, and we just narrowly avoided a pointless trip to the vet by waiting it out.

(Whatever was wrong with her had cleared up by the next morning.)

This week, our other dog ate a jar of petroleum jelly. And some other various pieces of tupperware. And an entire pan of noodles. And a couple of teaspoons of shortening.

(Because of course she did.)

This week, we had a day of torrential rains that washed garden pebbles all over our up-the-hill neighbors' yard, overwhelmed our new drainage system and washed out about a third of our pine straw, and cut mud ravines through our down-the-hill neighbors' yard. And we were pretty sick about it. Until the house two doors down was struck by lightening. Then we just decided to stop worrying about it.

(The fire department was out to double check, but the house was actually fine. It did knock out our immediate neighbors' satellite service and wireless router, though.)

This week, work has been tough, and I haven't been getting enough sleep, so I've been a little more on edge than my family deserves. And of course, this is the week that Brigid decided to work a little more attitude than normal.

(Mostly due to her not feeling 100%, but still, it's been trying at times.)

This week, I've felt like I'm constantly behind on everything, and I just can't seem to figure out how to get caught up.

This week has really taken it out of me, and I'll be kind of glad when it's over.

4 comments:

  1. "This week, I've felt like I'm constantly behind on everything, and I just can't seem to figure out how to get caught up.

    This week has really taken it out of me, and I'll be kind of glad when it's over."

    Ugh...I know EXACTLY how you feel. My week has been crazy and ridiculous and not so great as well :-/ Here's to this week being OVER soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww only one more day till the work week ends and maybe things will start getting better. You had had a rough week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week is almost over. You're SO close and for all we know, it could end on a surprising high note. Let's assume that. :)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one more day. I totally understand how you feel. Jack puked on his bed yesterday morning. Then on the way home from camp Alex puked all over himself and the backseat of the car! I had to pull over and clean him up...my car still smells!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!