Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's on my mind today?

Last summer, my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower in Indiana, and it was lovely, and I thanked them profusely. At least, I think I did. I meant to, anyway. I assume I did. I don't know. Whatever...pregnancy does weird things to your memory.

My point is, however much I thanked them, or however much I meant to thank them, it wasn't nearly enough. Because my family (Jess, in particular, I think) made all of these beautiful tissue paper flower looking things that were straight from the Martha Stewart guide to entertaining to decorate the outdoor space where we had the shower, and they (she?) made a ton of them. And they looked awesome, and I decided I was going to make a couple to add to the pile 'o decorations for Brigid's birthday party. Just a little something to balance out the Sesame Street vomit that will occur in my kitchen on the day of the party, you know?

I made two.

And I'm almost ready to give up. My fingers hurt. The tissue paper keeps tearing. The flowers look a little sad and droopy. And my choice of pipe cleaners over wire or twist ties does not seem to be making the cut.

Martha Stewart, I am not. But my family? They rock...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know that pipe cleaners are now called 'fuzzy sticks'?

You do now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my old college roommates is in town this weekend for a wedding, and it's been approximately a bajillion years since I've seen her. In celebration of her visit (and a lovely Friday night dinner with said roommate, her husband, and another old college roommate who actually lives in Atlanta, but who I still don't see nearly enough because she is young and hip and lives ITP, whereas I am old and lazy and live in the 'burbs), I am actually going so far as to get a baby-sitter for Friday night so Steve and I can both go out to dinner.

Together.

At the same time.

I'm a little excited.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate purple glitter. And I hate tulle covered in purple glitter. And I have a sneaking suspicion that despite all of my dealings with the tulle covered in purple glitter, my child will not agree to wear the pretty Halloween costume I am making for her. She has attitude, that one.

I can't imagine how that happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!