Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

Kids, this is a big day for me. It's probably second on my list of favorite days of the year, right behind Christmas. Well, maybe third, because I'm assuming Brigid's birthday will end up being a pretty important day for me, too.

What is today, you ask?

IT'S BUFFETT DAY!!!

Forget all of that scientific stuff that says June 21st is the first day of summer, because really? The first day of summer is when Buffett comes to town. Unfortunately, my first day of summer isn't really shaping up to be very pretty...

According to weather.com:


According to accuweather.com:



Steve says always go with accuweather.com, so that's what we're going with. Although this screen shot doesn't include the 4pm thunderstorms it says we're supposed to get hit with, but we're just going to ignore those. And tomorrow calls for 70 degree and sunny weather, but I refuse to be bitter!

Anyway, last year when we went to Buffett, I was pregnant, and I made Steve shell out the big bucks for pavilion tickets, because if I was doing Buffett without the help of a margarita, I was doing it from the more family friendly confines of the covered seats. This year, we're back on the lawn! And while this won't be one of the wild and crazy Buffett concerts of old since we're not heading down early to tailgate, and I have to get up for work tomorrow, and well, let's face it, I'm just getting old, I'm still excited to be back in the crowd. Buffett just isn't the same if you're not in the cheap seats.

And that's what I'll be telling myself tonight when I'm wading through the mud and the rain that just might make an appearance. And I'll keep telling myself that while I dodge drunk people using the hill as a slip and slide during the downpour. Because no matter what, I'll probably end up having a great time.

I love Buffett.

PS: I was a little sad that I wasn't going to see Brigid today since she usually gets up after I leave, and she'll be asleep before I get home tonight. But she woke up early this morning, just to see Steve and I off! That kid, she's awfully considerate sometimes. Well, to me, at least. My mother-in-law may not have been so excited about starting her day 30-45 minutes early, especially when she's working overtime today anyway.

So, yeah, thanks Karen! We owe you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!