Thursday, April 15, 2010

This was totally not my idea...

Last year, when I was pregnant with Brigid, but before we knew she was a she, Steve made a trip to Augusta National to watch one of the Masters practice rounds. Beautiful course, cheap egg salad and pimento cheese sandwiches, moon pies, far away pictures of golfers that I didn’t know, blah, blah, blah. Also, maybe a picture of Tiger Woods’ spit? Or somebody’s spit? I don’t remember. Let’s just say I wasn’t all that interested in the details. I will say that the moon pie was excellent, though. Anyway, Steve, in addition to his bag o’ food, came home with something very similar to this:


Yes, that's right. He had purchased our unborn baby a golf onesie. A golf onesie that, in my very strong opinion, is not meant for a little girl. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a proponent of the whole pink jersey trend. I think you should wear your team colors proudly, male or female. Case in point, she already has a black and orange Carson Palmer jersey, blue and white Colts booties, and a black and red Cincinnati Reds onesie. But in this case, I’m just going to say that the whole look comes off a little too boy-like for my taste. (Also, can I just say it seems a little hypocritical to me that we’re dressing our daughter in an outfit promoting a place where she wouldn’t even be allowed to play? You know, if she could play golf. Or walk. Whatever.) But Steve was very excited about this shirt, and, being the absolutely amazing wife that I am, I let him have his way. This time. But I did my darnedest to girly the kid up some in the process. The result?



Ha! Given what I had to work with, I think I did a fantastic job. Even if she doesn’t quite match.

At least I can tell her to blame her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!