Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm in better shape than my dogs...so, there's that.

I'm on week seven of the Couch to 5k program, which means I can officially run for 25 minutes straight, without passing out. I know this might seem a little lame to those friends of mine who are crazy, crazy running-type people, but this is huge for me. It also means I've stuck with a work-out program for seven weeks, so I'm pretty proud of myself right now.  But there's a small problem with starting this program in the heat of the Georgia summer.

I seem to have outpaced my running partners.

I took Peyton out last week for two ten minute running segments, with a three minute walking segment in the middle, and she started dragging towards the end.  Then, she came home and stood on top of the register for twenty minutes, using the air conditioner to cool off.  So I figured she wasn't really up for the next stage of continuous running, and I took Riley along instead.  Peyton was pissed.



Now, Riley, with her longer legs, barely put any effort into the run.  She was basically walking quickly next to me, which was pretty annoying.  At least Peyton's short little legs made me feel like we were actually moving at a quicker pace when we went out together.  Riley just highlighted how slow my 'run' actually is.  But even she didn't look so good when everything was said and done...




So, today, I left them both behind, and I just went out on my own.




Wimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!