Thursday, June 3, 2010

State of the Union

There is this car.

I really want this car. There is currently a really, really ridiculously good-looking deal on this car. But this car? It's not so practical for somebody with a child, if that child comes with a car seat and a stroller and a diaper bag and whatever else children generally come with these days.

But still...I want this car.

And honestly, it wouldn't be impossible to make this car work in my life. It just wouldn't be as sensible as, say, a four door Honda Accord.

At the moment, I've made the decision to not buy this car. But my emotions, they are fragile these days, and I am irrationally upset by this decision. And despite the knowledge that I am being irrational, it is not making me less upset about things, even 24 hours later. So I reserve the right to change my mind. Nothing like a little emotional binge shopping to get you through the day.

------------------------------------------

Brigid seems to be feeling better, which is fantastic. She actually slept through the night last night, for the first time in a week, and I was pretty ecstatic about that. So was Steve, who was on baby duty for the night. Of course, tonight is my night to get up with her, if it comes to that, so of course, it will probably come to that.

Also, there's this.





Babies are gross.

------------------------------------------

I'm on week three of the Couch to 5K program. And so far, so good.

Peyton is a huge fan of our new exercise regimen. She recognizes my running shoes, to the point that I have to put them on in a different room, with the door closed, or she will try to sit in my lap while I'm trying to get them on...that's how afraid she is of being left behind. And apparently, Riley, as the one that is left behind, has taken to whining and staring at the door in sadness when we leave.

I feel bad for her. I do. But I tried to take them both out once, and I gave up before we'd made it past three houses. Riley, she is stronger than I am. And I think she knows it. So we're just going to stick with running Peyton for now.

------------------------------------------

Steve is still Steve. I'll let you reach your own conclusions on that one...

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!