Friday, September 24, 2010

And, who said I wasn't an artist?

Editor's Note - this was supposed to post last Wednesday, but I don't think I set up the scheduling correctly.  Better late than never, eh?

Nothing mixes quite like wine and paint...am I right or am I right?

I always knew I was good at the wine, but I wasn't sure how I'd be at the painting.  Turns out, I am amazing.  Seriously, check out my skills.  And please ignore the fact that the helmet and football were pre-sketched for me, in a paint by numbers kind of way, and instead focus on my free-handed 3.  It's a lot better than the 7 from the person sitting next to me (coughKATIEcough).




The green...it shows up so much better than the red, doesn't it?  I went with the old school, Joe Montana green and yellow, because my paint choices were kind of limited...



I'd like it to be known that my sister-in-law is a big cheater.  Those laces on her football?  She totally had the instructor draw them in for her.  Boo!


Can I just tell you the troubles I went through trying to find something even close to the gold for my gold helmet? I started out trying to lighten my yellow, but it looked...not so great.  Apparently, the golden wheat is a color the instructor keeps under lock and key, for her special students.  It was like she hated the thought of sharing it with me.  Apparently, the instructor does not recognize true artistic genius when she sees it.  Again, did she even look at my 3?!?!?  Free-hand, baby!


All of those black lined helmet tracings?  That was the hardest part of the whole thing.  And it's the very last thing we did.  After we had been drinking wine for three hours.  Something seems a little backwards to me.  But, what do I know?  I don't even really qualify to use the special paint colors... 


I thought when all was said and done, that this would be a nice addition to my office.  But, after seeing the finished product, I've totally changed my mind.  There are better places to display my genius...



Looks good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!