Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh yeah, about that trip to Indiana...

So, have I mentioned that we went to Indiana for a football game/family visit about a week ago?

Well, we did, and it was awesome.

Did you know it's fall in the Midwest?  We wore sweatshirts and jeans, and I even added a pair of gloves to my tailgating ensemble, it was so cold.  Heading home, I was thinking about getting out my tights and boots and transitioning to my fall wardrobe.  Then we got home.  And I remembered we live in Atlanta.  And at a cool 87 degrees, we're still a little while away from tights and boots and fall wardrobes. 

Sad.  But not really, because I am much better suited to too hot than too cold, as 27-ish years of living in the too cold part of the country taught me.

Anyway...the flight.

We survived the flight.  How did we survive the flight?  By shoving as much food/liquid into the poor kid's mouth as she was willing to accept.  Because when there was no food and liquid in the kid's mouth?  She was talking.  Loudly.  In a very shrill voice.  Some might even refer to it as a scream...

And now, our trip, as told via iPhone pictures:

Pre-flight, Brigid and Elmo hang out at the gate...


They are loving the experience...


Oh look, there are windows!


And, here we go...


Remember that part about food?  I wasn't joking...this is what was going on for about 45 minutes of the 75 minute flight...


You should have seen Brigid's hair when this whole thing was over.  I don't know if plane air is really that gross, or if Steve and I just spent a lot of time brushing the comb-over out of her eyes, but it was so exceptionally greasy when we landed, all I could think about was washing the kid's hair.  Yes, I am that mother.  If it makes a difference, the second thought on my mind was washing my own hair.  So, there's that.

Anyway...

Originally, when Steve and I bought the tickets to the ND-Purdue game, and when we booked the flight, Brigid was heading up to South Bend with us.  But my mother, who will now forever be referred to as 'the voice of reason', talked us out of it.  I mean, a two hour drive to South Bend, several hours of pre-game on campus, a 3-4 hour game, and a two hour drive back home.  For an eleven month old who can't walk.  And never wants to be held.  And doesn't want to be strapped in her stroller for long periods of time.  And absolutely hates any time spent in the car.  And gets a little freaked out by too many loud noises around her.

Seriously.  We thought this was a good idea how?

Thanks, mom!

Want to see some pictures of people having a good time?

I love this picture...this is exactly what happens before every sisterly picture we've ever taken.  We are a vain bunch of people, my family.


And here is the result...sort of.  I don't think we were quite prepared, but Steve was getting a little tired of the picture taking, and may have jumped the gun a bit...


See?  Angry...


Not angry...


And, because my friend Lori was there, and she maybe sort of kind of mentioned that she wanted to be in the blog, but I never got around to taking a picture with her, because we all know I fail miserably when cameras are involved, I present Tara and Lori, circa 2008...


(Quick side note:  Lori is not blond anymore.  I did not know this when we showed up at the tailgate.  I saw Steve hugging some random brunette and thought, "Am I really going to have to throw down with some hussy this early in the morning?"  Then I realized it was Lori.  I almost numchucked her...you don't even realize .

Anyway, love the new do, Lor!)

Post game celebration...


Good times.

The flight home was a lot tougher than the flight out because I was exhausted, Steve was exhausted, and Brigid was over it all.  But, it was totally worth it.

And the next time we head up for a game?  Brigid is absolutely going along...we need to bring this kid up right, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!