Thursday, September 2, 2010

Breakdown? Me? No way...

Tomorrow is the big day. The big trip. The big flight. The first time on a plane with the baby.

And I am about to lose my mind.

Seriously, I have approximately 45 lists I'm working through right now...things I need to pack for me, things I need to pack for Brigid, things I need to buy to pack for Brigid, things I may or may not need to buy for the day of the game, things that Steve keeps asking me to make decisions on that I don't currently have the brain capacity to make decisions on. (Editors note: It absolutely kills me to end a sentence with a preposition. Because I am a huge, huge nerd. But I literally do not have the ability to reword that sentence into a grammatically correct one at the present moment. Boo.) My mom asked me if I was getting excited for the trip. Right now? I kind of feel like I'll be excited when it's over. Of course, I know this is just an overreaction on my part, and once we land in Indiana tomorrow night, I'll be super excited for the weekend to start. I just need to get through tomorrow afternoon, first.

But I don't think it's going to be an easy thing to do. Steve did a test run with Brigid last night, sitting on the couch, and forcing her to sit with him. Let's just say it did not go particularly well. Brigid has never really been a 'sit still' kind of kid. So that's something to look forward to. The one small hope that I'm still clinging to, the one small hope that is keeping any shred of sanity still intact, is that this will be an entirely new experience and a completely different environment for her, and I pray that this will be enough to buy us at least 30 minutes of quiet cooperation. Beyond that, I've got nothing. Except for A LOT of baby snacks.

Oh, the heart palpitations are starting. Good times.

To make matters worse (and to make myself more crazy, just for kicks), my mind has decided to distract me from the travel planning by forcing me to plan Brigid's first birthday. I am trying to put it off until after this weekend. I want to put it off until after this weekend. I had planned to put it off until after this weekend. And yet, because I can't entirely wrap my mind around the travel preparations for this weekend, I keep compulsively checking miscellaneous party supply websites and party planning blogs to get ideas for the big Elmo themed bash we will be throwing in a month. And speaking of lists, you should see that one. Hoo boy, good times.

And to top it off, I can't concentrate on work because I have all of these thoughts running through my head every moment of every day. And I need to concentrate on work because I am going on vacation in two weeks (MORE PACKING LISTS!!! FTW!!!). And I have deadlines that will be hitting while I'm out. And I have a three-day work week next week in which to complete all of said work that needs to be done by said deadlines.

So, basically, what I'm saying, in the absolutely whiniest way possible, is that I'm tired, people. I'm tired, and I don't like to fly. I'm tired, I don't like to fly, and vacation can't get here fast enough.

I'm tired, I don't like to fly, vacation can't get here fast enough, and I need a pensieve to drain off and organize some of these thoughts for my own sanity.

What? Harry Potter? No?

I told you I was a nerd.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!