Friday, November 12, 2010

As promised...

I didn’t start this whole online life documentation thing until Brigid was about three months old, but I did keep a personal journal during my entire pregnancy, and I feel like there are many untold stories that I'd like to share.  Stories that I want to remember and Brigid may someday want to hear.  She might want to know how and when people found out she was coming.  She might want to know how excited I was to find out she was a she.  She might want to know how we came up with her name.  She might want to know which of her aunts got her the best baby shower gifts.

You know, all of the important stuff!

And the first important story I'm looking to document?  How hard it is to pee on a stick properly…

Thursday, February 05, 2009
Today was the first day I could take the test to find out whether I was pregnant or not.  I took one of the ‘two pinks for positive, one for negative’ tests, not realizing any version of a 2nd pink line (no matter how cheap of a line) was a positive.  After three minutes there was an extremely faint 2nd line, which I assumed was more of a phantom line, so I told Steve it was a negative.  He usually gets up to shower right about the time that I’m leaving, and I was on my way out the door when he stopped me…”Um, honey?  That’s definitely a positive.”  He then proceeded to send me pictures all day of what a ‘positive’ test looks like.  I made him go out and buy a pack of digital tests.  I mean, seriously, who can decipher the mysteries of the pink line?  I needed something that clearly said pregnant or not pregnant.

Friday, February 06, 2009
First thing this morning, I took on the digital test.  It was supposed to be another three minute wait for the results, but about a minute into it, I had my answer.  I believe my exact response was ‘holy shit’, which got Steve up and moving.  So, yeah...I'm pregnant!

And...scared out of my mind.  This should be an interesting nine months...

First doctor's appointment is scheduled for February 18th, so I think Steve and I will be keeping it to ourselves until then.  Can I go two weeks without talking to my parents at all?  Might be the easiest way...

THE END.  For now, anyway...

I know you’re all on pins and needles to see how this plays out.  Riveting stuff, I tell you…especially when you already know the ending, of course.  Get excited people.

Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!