Friday, November 19, 2010

What not to tell your pregnant wife...

A summary of my last 24 hours: Christmas shopping, travel errands, black eyes for both Brigid and Steve (due to a toy and a dog, respectively), work deadlines before a week of vacation, and a new job announcement for Steve (He still has one, thank goodness...corporate reorganization sucks.  We work for the same company, and I found out I was safe a couple of weeks ago.  It took the powers that be a little longer to get around to his group.  You could say I've been a little stressed lately...).  Still to do before we leave in the morning?  Christmas wrapping, one more work assignment, laundry, packing, and general house organization.

Should be a good day.

Anyway, I tried to find a good pregnancy story for today's post, and the first couple of days after I found out are all about whether it's possible that I'm already gaining weight, sleeping, and feeling sick.  Sorry...


Saturday, February 14, 2009
My Valentine’s Day consisted of seeing He’s Just Not That into You with Karen and Katie, hitting the outlet mall, and eating fish tacos with Steve's family.  Very romantic.  Honestly, I don’t really like to celebrate Valentine's Day…too much forced smooshiness, too long of a restaurant wait, too much money spent on a fake holiday.  Plus, the fish tacos were really, really good.  What wasn’t so good was the fact that I was nauseous all damn day.  Apparently, I’m supposed to keep a snack by my bed, eat first thing in the morning, then lay in bed for 10 more minutes while the food kicks in.  We’ll see how that works.

Sunday, February 15, 2009
Crackers in bed first thing in the morning?  This does not keep the sickness at bay.  Good to know for the future.
 
Monday, February 16, 2009
Tried the crackers in bed again.  I know, the definition of insanity…   

Shocking, but it still failed to work.  For the first time since this whole thing started, though, Steve’s internet research actually came through for me, in the form of an article on how to prevent morning, noon, and night sickness.  Apparently, you’re just supposed to keep eating all of the time.  The things I have to do for this kid! 

I guess it’s all about regulating your blood sugar by getting something in your stomach first thing before you get out of bed, then adding something to it every two hours or so.  Protein is the key, apparently, so I will be adding almonds or peanuts to the mix tomorrow.  I may end up gaining 50 pounds when this is over, but if I can make it through the day without throwing up, or feeling like I’m about to throw up, I think that's a chance I'm willing to take.

On a side note, Steve told me all of my symptoms may be in my head.  Karen once told me she believes that when a man dies, he is forced to spend time in Purgatory as a woman.  I hope she's right...

And that's why Steve is lucky he survived my pregnancy.  My self control knows no bounds.

Next week?  The first doctor's appointment, and my best birthday, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!