Monday, March 14, 2011

Lessons from the weekend...

1) I may be a slightly lazy/weak person. 

Steve was sick this weekend, and I was on my own with Brigid for TWO STRAIGHT DAYS! And it was actually three straight nights, considering Steve went out for a few hours on Thursday evening to watch basketball. And that's not a lot, right? I mean, people do more than that all of the time. And yet...

EXHAUSTED!

Seriously, I was in bed by 8:30 on Saturday night. I could say I was thinking ahead, planning for the time change that was coming, but...no. That had nothing to do with it. I was just really, really tired.

*hangs head in shame*

Moving on...

2) I know nothing about kids. Still.

Last weekend, while Brigid was running a temperature/refusing to eat/chewing on everything/just being generally cranky, Steve at one point looked at me and suggested that maybe we had some molars coming in. I scoffed at this suggestion. SCOFFED, I tell you!

Molars are an 18-month thing. And Brigid has been behind the generally accepted schedule regarding every tooth in her mouth this far into her life. So, of course, it wasn't molars. Those wouldn't be coming in for months!

Hey, guess what Steve showed me Sunday afternoon?

Oh yeah, both sides.

I. Am. Clueless.

3) Steve is as excited about going to Florida as I am.

Considering he drove about an hour (round-trip) to hand deliver the check for the condo we're staying in on our long weekend, I'd say we're both ready for a vacation.

Did I mention that the place we're staying is within a mile-ish of both my favorite doughnut shop on one side and my favorite oyster bar on the other? Because, yeah, it totally is.

4) Pedicures are good.

Do I really need to elaborate on that one? I think not.

5) It's never too early to push your child into her chosen profession.

Dr. Brigid has a nice ring to it, right?

5 comments:

  1. I totally feel you on the sick husband thing!! Mine was out of commission this weekend, too, and I swear, if my parents weren't in town, I don't know what I'd have done! You just don't realize how much we need these guys till they're not available! lol

    I'm in the panhandle of Florida and the weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS!! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just realized that I have like a million exclamation points in the previous comment. =) I'm such an over-the-top excited person!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off...I love the script font!!
    When is the florida trip? I have a panic attack just thinking about taking the boys on a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany- The more exclamation points, the better...that's my philosophy :)

    Randi- I think Brigid is still young enough that she won't be too much of a handful...famous last words, huh? We're going in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you going to be here?!

    Yeah, I don't know anything either. It was awful having my mom and husband (at the time) be the one to explain my daughter to me. Now that she's three, I'm the one who knows her better but those times made me feel like poop.

    And yes, two days alone with a toddler is exhausting to ANYONE!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!