Friday, May 21, 2010

One week down...

...eight more to go!

I've officially completed my first week of the couch to 5K program, so...woo! Steve and I are going to see Avenue Q tonight, and I can't do my normal evening run, so Brigid and I headed out this afternoon, instead. And it sucked!

Ok, it didn't suck, exactly, but it was a lot harder than it has been, which I think had more to do with the weather today than anything else. Turns out, running in post-thunderstorm humidity isn't great for my endurance. Who knew? And pushing a stroller while trying to run uphill? Also not that much fun.

My new running partner may have made the process a little more difficult, but she makes a fantastic pack mule...




And, she's not so bad to look at, either...




Plus, I didn't have to stop midway through the route to pick up poop, like I do with my usual buddy, who was less than enthusiastic about being left behind today...




Oh well. I'll try to make it up to her next week, I guess.

Week two, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!