Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time to try something new...

I am not a runner.

I've tried to become one before, but the drive has never lasted longer than a week.

I've always wanted to be a runner, though. I don't know what it is about the whole thing, but it always looks like it would be a good exercise to pick up. It looks peaceful.* You get to be by yourself and listen to music. And it's all pretty convenient, since you can do it anywhere where there is ground. Plus, my dog would be so happy to get out of the house regularly, I can't even begin to describe it.** So I'm going to give it another shot. I exercise pretty regularly these days, why not try to push myself a little?

So, I bought a new pair of running shoes today. I downloaded a Couch to 5K app onto my iPhone. I'm going to start Monday. And I'm going to spend the next five days carbo loading to prepare.

Wait. What? No. I totally wouldn't do that.

Wish me luck!


*When you stick with a distance less than 26-ish miles, that is. I've seen people at the end of a marathon...peaceful isn't the word I'd use to describe that scene.

**Peyton, that is, not Riley. Riley's going to have to talk Steve into this running thing if she wants in on the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!