Monday, July 12, 2010

Bullet Points!

Yes, it’s that time of the news cycle again, when there’s not much going on, but I’ve still got things to say. You know what that means? Bullet points, people! I love bullet points…

• Tooth Watch 2010 continues, with no end in sight. I swear, I can see the tooth (or possibly teeth…at this point I’m expecting about six to come in at once) under the gum, but it just won’t come through. Steve and I are out of town this weekend, and my in-laws are staying at my house with the baby, and I’m starting to get a little concerned about how this whole tooth thing will play out. This might be the first and last time my in-laws volunteer to watch the kid overnight.

Ever.

-------------------------------------------

• Oh yeah, I am going out of town. Without my kid. For the first time since she made her appearance in this world. Steve and I are heading to Denver for a wedding, which I’m very excited about because I love weddings, I love Denver, I’m ridiculously happy for the people we are going to see get married, and I’m looking forward to a night or two of sleep without the possibility of dog and/or baby wake-ups in the middle of the night.

But still. No baby. At all. For almost three days. Sad.

-------------------------------------------

• Brigid and the waving at pictures is getting out of control. It's now to the point that a picture of me gets more of a reaction out of her than my actual person does. So while I will be sad to be away from her this weekend, she will obviously be fine.

Not sure how I feel about that.

-------------------------------------------

• For my entire life, I’ve rebelled against yard work. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns. I’ll dust and vacuum and wash dishes and do laundry, but I will not step foot outside of the house to so much as water a flower. I. Hate. Yard work.

But recently, I’ve been on this kick to challenge myself in my everyday life. To spend some time outside of my comfort zone, if you will (oh, corporate buzzwords, how I love you!). I don’t know if it has more to do with turning 30, or having the baby, or realizing that I’m pretty much settled in house and career right now, so I need to pick up my thrills through a different kind of change, but I’m working on shaking things up a bit. Nothing major, just small things like re-working my work-out plan to include running. Taking Brigid to the big pool in our neighborhood (and forcing myself into a swimsuit in public…) instead of taking the easy way out and plopping her in the baby pool on the back porch. Yard work.

Nothing says ‘I’m old’ like deciding to change things up by doing yard work.

Anyway, I’ve reached the conclusion that yard work really isn’t so bad. In fact, I actually kind of like it. What I don’t like so much is doing said yard work in 100 degree heat, in sweatpants to avoid the bajillion bug bites the bajillion bugs in my back yard are trying to give me, after a night of a couple of drinks. That’s a little miserable. Other than that, though, things are off to a great start…I may even actually fill the empty planters currently sitting out on my porch for show. I feel like getting crazy.

-------------------------------------------

• If there is such thing as reincarnation, and we get to choose what we come back as, I want to come back as one of these two fools:





That seems like it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!