Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby's first zoo visit!

I've been very down on Atlanta weather lately.  I mean, I didn't move across several states, away from family, away from friends, just to spend a week snowed in because someone decided that Georgia needed inches and inches of snow.  And granted, the inches of snow we received one time this winter is much more tolerable than the multiple cases of snow that my former addresses have experienced this winter, but I wanted NO snow.  No snow at all.

Enter my surprise weekend of 70 degree and sunny weather.  This weather?  This is more like it, people!

We celebrated by taking Brigid to the zoo for the first time.  And by shelling out the big bucks for the annual zoo pass, which includes free guest passes that my parents will be expected to use when they stop in for their day or two lay-over in Atlanta during spring break.  See, mom and dad?  I can too plan exciting events for your visits!!








In a nutshell?  Brigid laughed at the flamingos, stared down the orangutans, and fell in love with a potbelly pig.  And I avoided the petting zoo like the plague (which it basically is!!!), so as to avoid being the crazy woman spraying hand sanitizer on the animals before Brigid touched them.  Instead, I chose to wait right outside the gate of the pen, with a Wet One at the ready.

I mean, seriously...you can only expect me to fight the crazy for so long!

2 comments:

  1. Oh these pictures are adorable! I love them!

    Zoos are so much fun. Glad I'm not the only one with Wet Ones and sanitizer all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun was had by everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!