Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Decision That Launched the Plague

Indianapolis has an amazing children's museum. One of the best, if not the best, in the country, as a matter of fact. I grew up taking field trips to the museum when I was in grade school. And then I spent a summer working for the CFO of the museum when I was in college. I have a lot of wonderful memories of this museum.

I LOVE this museum.

So, obviously, I wanted to take my daughter to visit the place, so she could experience for herself some of these good times that I had when I was a kid.

We all (and by all, I do mean ALL...me, Steve, Brigid, my mom, my dad, and my little sister filled every seat in the Durango for the drive) headed down the day before Christmas Eve, and really, other than a little fall in the play area, which caused a minor meltdown that we were able to solve with a trip to the sand table, Brigid really seemed to enjoy the place. It was a little overwhelming at times, but she loves a good sand table, she adores any kind of carousel, and she's never been in such an awesome play house before.

Two things of note, though...

1) Of course, I forgot the camera. Again.

I swear to all that is good, I am going to have that stupid thing surgically attached to my hand someday, because this is all getting ridiculous. My sister remembered her camera, of course, and I took plenty of pictures with that, but when I can actually see those pictures off of the camera remains to be determined.

Seriously Mary...email me!

2) Do you know how many germs are contained in a large building, full of children, all touching EVERYTHING in sight, in the middle of cold and flu season?

I'm guessing there's a lot.

And I'm also guessing this was the source for the Christmas Day/Week sickness that followed.

Live and learn, I guess. At least we've got the memories...










1 comment:

  1. You are totally making me rethink the visit to the Children's Museum for next week...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!