Monday, January 2, 2012

Oh, hello there...

So, Christmas. New Year. Stuff happened. Good times.

I will work on some holiday recaps very, very soon, but in the meantime, did you know that trips to the ER now come with free crowns? Now you do...



Brigid was fine, I swear. But she did come down with a cold, and she kept waking up with 102-103 degree fevers in the middle of the night, and the coughing sounded just terrible, and she seemed like she might be having trouble breathing, so we called the pediatrician, who suggested we bring her in immediately to make sure the cold wasn't in her lungs (which is a complication of the heart condition). 

But we were in Indiana at the time.

So the pediatrician told us to take her to a children's ER or urgent care to get it checked out. One chest x-ray (and goodness knows how much money, unfortunately...), we left with some kleenex and a prescription for antibiotics to fight the ear infection that was causing the fevers.

Yes, we took our two-year old to the ER for an ear infection.

I hope they enjoyed laughing at us after we left...

4 comments:

  1. She looks quite annoyed at you, despite the crown.

    I'm glad it was just an ear infection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she's ok! For what it's worth, as a sort of sick baby expert, I'll always choose ER over urgent care. Much quicker service, nicer nurses, and (for us at least) worth the extra cost. No laughing from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly considering your mention of a heart condition, you guys took the safe route! glad it wasn't something more serious. and I agree with Jennie - I'd go to the ER over urgent care any day...those urgent care places are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always better safe than sorry, and ALL parents have done it or will do it at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!