Friday, January 20, 2012

The guilt starts early around here.

Steve and I are scheduled to go away for a week in March, to celebrate my sister's wedding on a beach in the Dominican Republic. Just Steve and I. Alone.

No Brigid.

We've been away from her before, for various other wedding weekend excursions, but this will be the longest I've been away from her since she was born. And while I am excited about the prospect of spending a week on a beach without planning my schedule around various naptimes or trying to get sand out of a swim diaper, I am also already starting to feel the parental guilt about leaving my child on her own for AN ENTIRE WEEK!

In our house, with her grandparents/aunt. But still...alone for a week!

The other night, while we were getting her ready for bed, Steve asked her if she was excited about spending a week with Grandma and Grandpa, while we were gone. And her response?

No go. No go, mommy. Daddy go.

She is soooo screwing with me, isn't she?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sure she'll pile on the guilt for you, totally forget about you with the grandparent fun extravaganza, and then be all "why did you abandon me?" when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me...you won't scar her for life, she will get over it!! She will have so much fun with the grandparents. You and Steve will have a great time on an adult trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't leave Jacob for more than a day until he was over 2 and I should have done it sooner! It was so nice! I would love to have a getaway with Chris before baby #2 but we'll see if that's possible! The beach sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!