Monday, February 7, 2011

Remember When?

Steve and I hosted a Super Bowl party this weekend, and in addition to the usual group of wonderful people we generally interact with, we invited two sets of neighbors that we're friendly with, the ones that comprise our group of 'people we should hang out with more because they're really nice, and they have kids, too!'.

(Nice people?  New parents?  Dog lovers who don't mind that my dogs bark at them like crazy every time they step out on their back porch to watch their dogs play in their yard?

We hit the jackpot in the next door neighbor lottery, obviously.  

And we're hoping our luck holds out, as the house on the other side of us is now for sale, too.  If anyone is interested, we are awesome neighbors who share cupcakes, and throw parties, and buy you bread and beer when you can't get out of your driveway due to snow and ice, but we can.  I do hope you like dogs, though...) 

Both of the neighborhood couples we invited have boys, born this past November.  And, it turns out, throwing my 24 pound kid around has made me forget how exactly you're supposed to handle a baby that small.  It felt odd.  And there was spit-up, and feeding breaks, and pacifiers, and I was having weird flashbacks and whatnot.

After they left, somewhere between 9:30 and 10, Steve looked at me and said, "I'd forgotten what it was like to have a baby that was up this late."

I wonder what else we've forgotten?

2 comments:

  1. So does it make you want another one or make you decide you're good with just Brigid? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm freakishly waving my hands and being jealous of your neighbors. Kthanks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!