Friday, December 17, 2010

First Snow!

This is another one of those moments when I should have grabbed the video camera instead of the regular camera, but then you would have been subjected to my weirdly high-pitched 'Brigid voice' instead of just silently adorable baby smiles, so it may have all worked out in your favor.

We had a good, heavy, Atlanta-style snowfall last weekend, meaning it snowed a little, it stuck to our deck for about 20 minutes, then it melted before the end of the day.  It wasn't the midwestern type of snowfall I grew up with, or anything, but it was still Brigid's first real experience with snow of any sort, and Steve wanted to take advantage of it.


I'd like to interrupt the picture progression for just a moment to apologize for the Ohio State hat Brigid is wearing in the photos.  It's a leftover from our time in Cincinnati, when Steve and I went to Columbus with the lovely Lynsey and some other friends to tailgate for the Ohio State - Michigan game one yearNot 'Steve and I went to Columbus to go to the game'.  We went strictly to tailgate.  Good times.  With ugly hats.  Because, let's face it...nobody likes a Buckeye.  Sorry, Lyns!
  

Also, I'd like to note that Brigid does, in fact, own a winter coat, as well as a hat of her own, but she went outside for literally 25 seconds, and it takes an hour and a half to get her into her own winter clothing.


She was fine with our decisions.
 


Especially once we got her outside...





Imagine how excited she'd be if we actually got some real snow down here?  I'd have to go out and buy her the darn boots I told Steve she didn't need this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!