Monday, December 13, 2010

Our Christmas Weekend

Get ready for some pictures here over the next week. Lots and lots and lots of pictures, in fact. To say I went a little crazy with the camera this weekend might be a little bit of an understatement.

But, in my defense, we did quite a few picture worthy things in the last few days, so it's not really my fault. It's the Christmas season.  Brigid's almost first Christmas season, actually, since she wasn't much more than a baby lump last year. And everything we do? I feel the need to document it.

Plus, she's just so darn cute. Always.

Anyway, for Christmas this year, my sister got Steve a gingerbread kit, so he and Brigid could build a house together, and he decided Saturday morning was construction time. Notice Brigid is still in her pjs?  We get a slow start on the weekends around these parts...



Brigid was much more concerned with the decorations than the basic construction of the house.  That's my girl!


She's very helpful, that kid. She wanted to make sure her dad was doing it right...


...and I'm not so sure she thinks he is!







But she got him back on track.


It's not quite what the box promised, but I'm impressed with the effort on the finished product, anyway.  Apparently, the icing is a lot tougher than it looks. In fact, after all of the work I saw go into it, I'm almost afraid to eat it.

Almost.

1 comment:

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!