Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Who goes to the outlet mall, two days before Christmas, with a toddler, and no stroller?

This guy, that's who!

Who subsequently spent the next hour plus peeling said toddler up off of the floor of various stores, where she had thrown her pissed off little self down in protest after mommy dared to pick her up, or considered putting her down, or tried to get her to not touch EVERY. SINGLE. THING. within reach?

That would be my sister-in-law, while I tried to pretend I didn't know the screaming child in the corner.

Totally kidding, of course.  There was no screaming, but Brigid was most definitely on the floor, making her displeasure known.  When she wasn't trying to wriggle out of my grasp and run away from me as fast as her little toddler legs could carry her, of course.  And I did pawn her off on my sister-in-law long enough to complete my shopping errand, at which point Katie took her outside to run around without fear of breaking anything.  Because, as she later said, 'I don't know what people not associated with Brigid were thinking, but I definitely needed to get out of there.'  So, there's that.

Next time?  I am absolutely bringing the stroller. At least she can't escape from me when she's strapped in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, if you'd like...I'd love to hear from you!